by John Sawyer | January 2016
The only certainty in the New Year is change. Like most industries, digital marketing is constantly evolving. The New Year presents your company with a unique set of opportunities and challenges. Retaining a competitive market advantage will depend on your ability to adapt and embrace these top digital trends in 2016.
1. Responsive Design – In April 2015, Google announced their mobile-friendly update which means if your website is not optimized for mobile, you will see a significant decrease in your website traffic from searches made on any mobile device. More…
2. Mobile Optimization – 2 billion people across the globe will own a smartphone in 2016 and more than half of all consumption of digital media will happen on mobile devices. Less of your social post content is visible on mobile, which requires marketers to be even more succinct with their messaging.
3. Video – YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world and without video content, you are missing a major opportunity to reach a vast audience. Video content is cost effective because it has a longer life cycle than text only or photo content and can be utilized across all social platforms, on your website and in sales presentations.
4. Facebook Lead Generation Ads – Lead ads allow people to fill out forms right from their mobile device. This tool is a cost effective way for businesses to capture email addresses facilitate lead generation.
5. Relationship Marketing – Brands will shift their focus from one-off engagement approaches and focus more on building lasting relationships with consumers over time. Brands will prioritize earning trust with consumers and delivering content that adds value to their target audience.
6. Improved Analytics – As digital marketing has evolved, so have the metrics for tracking success. Now more than ever, marketers have the power to correlate digital tactics with sales and provide sound ROI data.
7. Creative Content – The amount of information shared on social media is on the rise with no sign of slowing down. As more brands jump on board with paid advertising on Facebook, Twitter and other platforms, consumers are getting bombarded with content. It’s more important now than ever to be creating what we like to call “thumb stopping content” on a daily basis to cut through the clutter and reach your audience with a creative and meaningful message.
As you head into 2016, we challenge you to think about how you will apply these digital trends to your business strategy. If you are looking for guidance, our team of digital marketing experts can help you navigate these changes and leverage them to drive sales, leads and brand awareness. We invite you to contact us for a free consultation and analysis of your digital marketing strategy.